Electroplating and metalworking place high and complex requirements on quality assurance. Whether it is the determination of metal ion concentrations in plating baths or the composition, thickness or microhardness of metallic layers: Fischer offers long-lasting measuring instruments that impress with robust design and are specially tailored to the needs of the electroplating industry.
Coatings in Electroplating Measured Accurately and Precisely: the New MMS® Inspection DFT
- Measuring ranges: 0 – 2500 μm on FE; 0 – 2000 μm on NF
- High reliability even when measuring very thin layers: 0 – 100 µm: ≤ 1.0 µm; 100 – 1000 µm: ≤ 1.5 %; 1000 – 2500 µm: ≤ 3.0 %
- Due to integrated dual probe, the gauge automatically selects the correct measurement method: magnetic induction method or amplitude sensitive eddy current method (with patented conductivity compensation)
- Among others, measurement of chrome or copper coatings, electro and hot dip galvanized coatings on steel and iron (ISO/FE, NF/FE)
- Operation temperature up to 60 °C
Rised to Every Challenge
The demands placed on the measuring technology are as diverse as the requirements placed on the galvanic surfaces. With Fischer measuring instruments, coatings made of chemical nickel or Cr/Ni/Cu can be analyzed easily and non-destructively in the production process.
Quality Products for the Quality Assurance
Whether microhardness determination or coating thickness measurement: Fischer offers a variety of measuring methods to monitor quality reliably – also as an automatic inline solution.